Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

July 4, 2013

Today is our yearly celebration of the birthday of our country.  There are many planned observances  today, local and national, where we will have the opportunity to share in the festivities. I hope you and your family can assemble to enjoy a nice summer visit, all the traditional outdoor cooked food, and reflect a few moments on what your country means to you.

While we continue to see deviation from the plans and intent of the original leaders of our nation, we can still stand tall for what is right, and we sill have our voices heard through our right to vote.

We are encouraged to continue the stories about events which still prove our freedom was not cheap. Lives were given, blood was and is continuing to be shed, in order that we may remain a free people. Let us never forget the godly dedication of those who planned, fought, and served for the establishment and continuance of America. We must still be a land whose motto is, "In God We Trust," an a people whose dependence is on the God we serve.

God bless you and your family on this special day.

--RonB

HEALTH MATTERS

I told you recently about my planned hip replacement surgery. That surgery was completed a little over a week ago and I was released from the hospital over the past weekend. I entered a rehab facility in order to take advantage of their physical therapy abilities to get me back in an upright position. My new implanted hardware is learning to cooperate with my OLD body. Things are progressing well and I should be home soon.

Thanks to all who have called, written and emailed to check on me.  Love to all.  --RonB

No comments:

Post a Comment