Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Your Inheritance



How much are you expecting to get? We try not to think in those terms, but I suppose some of those thoughts are to be expected. However, the Psalmist David had a different perspective. In spite of the sins of this great man, God said, "he is a man after my own heart. "

In today's reading we will learn about our spiritual inheritance, which carries an additional bonus, in that a huge portion of that inheritance is already ours. Read closely.

Psalm 16:1-6
" 1 Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the LORD,
“You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”
 3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
 “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
 4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
 I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips.
5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup;
 you make my lot secure.
 6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance. "

Trusting in God and experiencing the delight of God's people are part of our spiritual inheritance which we already have. Does this truth affect the way you live, the decisions you make, or the way you treat others?

Is there needed growth in your life to depend on God as your portion and cup? Think of ways you can grow into such trust and confidence.

Compare the promises of this Psalm, to the promises of Ephesians 1:12-14. "12 in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
 
We are a blessed people. The inheritance is ours!

<ronbwriting@yahoo.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment