Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

He's My Shepherd

It's been over 40 years since Phillip Keller published his book, "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23."  I still like to open the paperback copy I have, and look at the list of questions he asks, and encourages all his readers to ask.
Today, spend some time with Psalm 23.
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he refreshes my soul.He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk

    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me

    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


Here are the questions:
1.  Do I really belong to Him?
2.  Do I really realize His right to me?
3.  Do I respond to His authority and acknowledge His ownership?
4.  Do I find freedom and complete fulfillment in his arrangement?
5.  Do I sense a purpose and deep contentment because I am under His direction?
6.  Do I know rest and repose, besides a definite sense of exciting adventure, in belonging to Him?

 
And my question:  Is the Lord my shepherd?

 
<ronbwriting@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment