Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I am confident....



David begins Psalm 27 with these words:

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?

The words are self-explanatory and easy to understand.  It is the Lord that is our light and salvation.  It is the Lord that is our stronghold, our source of strength upon which we can depend.  David thought of these two statements as being the solution to all his fears. 

How can we benefit from David's experience and live a life free of fear? With all of the situations we get ourselves into, we know we face despair, disappointment, struggles at home and at work, problems with school, money troubles, car troubles...........you name it, it can become a problem to us. Does David have any additional information that will help me with MY fears and troubles?  In fact, he does. Here are several of the things in which David found God to be the answer to life's dilemma.

When the wicked advance against me
    to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
    who will stumble and fall.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the assurance that those who are in opposition to your good works and your desire to place your confidence in God; the opposers will be the ones that stumble and fall?

For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.

God is concerned about our days of trouble, and wishes to keep us safe. We will all experience those troublesome times but the encouragement of David's writing in this Psalm is for us to have such a relationship with the Heavenly Father that we have all confidence he will bring us through each difficulty. Further, he will keep us safe in his dwelling, and hide us in the shelter of his sacred tent. God will never desire our failure or despair. He is the God who lifts us up and sets us high in the place of safety. 

Read the entire Psalm 27 to see these and other blessings which belong to those whose trust is in God. See David's confidence in the closing words of the Psalm:

I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.

<ronbwriting@yahoo.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment