Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Three Girls



In the photo, you can see 3-year-old Rylie on the left who just beat a form of kidney cancer.  In the middle is 6-year-old Rheann who is currently fighting a different form of cancer.  And on the right is 4-year-old Ainsley who is also putting up a good fight against Leukemia.

I do not know any of these girls, but reading their story today made me want to introduce them to you, too.  I don't know if they knew each other before their medical problems, or if they met because of their cancer. 

This I do know.  They have developed close relationships due to their adversities, and they display a spirit of caring and concern that we adults need to learn.  

If our problem is medical in nature, or perhaps troubles with a job, a teacher, financial, marriage,  or whatever, we all need to show this love and concern for everyone around us.

There is another reason I wanted you to meet these three young ladies today.  We are coming up on the weekend and I want to challenge each of you, over the next three days, to remember Rylie, Rheann and Ainsley in prayer.  Do not let a day of your weekend go by, without remembering them to the Father.  You may be praying for members of your own family, or others who live in your community, but please lift up these three girls when you pray. 

You can probably tell by the number of instances we have written on some aspect of prayer, that it is an important and vital part of our lives as Christians.  Praying for others is not only biblical, but sometimes it's all we know to do. 

I am praising God for bringing their story to me, and for the chance it gives me to share their story with you.  My hope and prayer is that we can grow in God's grace as we pray for them, and learn from them.  It's really true, possibly more so for God's family, but there really is strength that comes in knowing you are not alone. 

God bless. 

<ronbwriting@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment