Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pursued and Caught

"Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit."
                                                                                                                              Ezekiel 18:31

The following is from a lady named, Kirsten Powers, who writes the following concerning her life:

“From my early 20s on, I would waver between atheism and agnosticism, never coming close to considering that God could be real.
After college I worked as an appointee in the Clinton administration from 1992 to 1998. The White House surrounded me with intellectual people who, if they had any deep faith in God, never expressed it. Later, when I moved to New York, where I worked in Democratic politics, my world became aggressively secular. Everyone I knew was politically left-leaning, and my group of friends was overwhelmingly atheist.”
In 2005, she was challenged by a Christian she met to “keep an open mind” and to visit a church. Though she was initially guarded, she liked the pastor’s sermon. During the next few months, she began visiting the church regularly.
She eventually got involved in a Bible study and asked Christ into her life.
Kristen remembers, “I'll never forget standing outside that apartment on the Upper East Side and saying to myself, ‘It's true. It's completely true." The world looked entirely different, like a veil had been lifted off it. I had not an iota of doubt. I was filled with indescribable joy.
The horror of the prospect of being a devout Christian crept back in almost immediately. I spent the next few months doing my best to wrestle away from God. It was pointless. Everywhere I turned, there he was. Slowly there was less fear and more joy. The Hound of Heaven had pursued me and caught me—whether I liked it or not.”

Kirsten Powers now works as a contributor to USA Today and is a columnist for Newsweek/The Daily Beast. She is a Democratic commentator at Fox News.

As I read Kirsten's story, I wondered how many claim Christianity today, but have never told their own story.  Today, I am hoping you will consider your steps as you heard and learned the gospel story, and made Jesus the Lord of your life. Remember, God promises to give you a new heart and a new spirit.

ronbwriting@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment