Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Prayer from Paul

15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.
                                                                                                             Ephesians 1:15-23

When Paul prays, he prays powerfully!  I like coming back again and again to read the prayers of Paul.  This prayer from the Apostle keeps reminding Christians who they really are in Jesus Christ.  In addition, between Paul and the Ephesian Christians, there exists such a loving and God-honoring relationship, it is no wonder these words are read over and over to continually encourage.

Paul says he doesn't stop giving thanks for these Christians.  I cannot speak for all but for me, I like being remembered, non-stop, in the prayers of God's family.  I know we are a praying people, but I must confess I am weak when it comes to specifically remembering all members of my spiritual family.  Another confession I will make is to let all Christians know how much I love and solicit your prayers for me. 

While you are in prayer today, please pray for me as I am praying for you.  The prayer that Paul prayed for the Ephesians is going to bring us to specific and powerful prayers as we approach the weekend.  If you are willing, start now praying for those in the body of Christ.  Prepare yourself for the next few days as our study begins a focus on the power that is unleashed when Christians pray.

ronbwriting@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment