Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Discovering God's Plan for Me


One of the toughest things a child of God must do is to determine if he is following God's will for his life. As Christians we hear people saying they bought a certain house or took a certain job because they were following the will of God.  Others might spend time in prayer searching for answers to some of life's questions and decisions and never feel the assurance that God was leading them in a certain direction. 

Can we know for sure what God's plan is for us?  In this life where we are the walk by faith, will God take an active role in my life's plan?  The psalmist David gives us some answers. 

Psalm 139:1-6
1 O LORD, you have searched me
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you know it completely, O LORD.

 5 You hem me in—behind and before;
   you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain. 


No doubt about it, God knows you inside and out.  He knows you better than you know yourself. He cares about what we do and he shows concern for the details of our lives.  Those details show the real condition of our heart.  Prior to the psalm printed above, David had already made the statement in Psalm 138, "The Lord will work out his plans for my life."

Remember Jeremiah, whom God told that he was known and selected before he was born. Look now at Jeremiah 29:11-13,  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

The plans God has for you will always be good. He says his plans include prosperity, and hope, and a future.  When we prayerfully approach life's problems or the need to make a difficult decision, the real test for us is to put it all in God's hands. When plans have been entrusted to God, you can know they will lead to good things. 

James also gives insight into this. James 1:5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

My prayer is for God to richly bless you as you seek him, knowing his direction is the way you should go. 

<ronbwriting@yahoo.com>

1 comment:

  1. Father I pray for Your grace today no matter what this day may hold

    As I face it head on let my heart remain strong and for You forever be bold

    Being humble and kind keeping You on my mind let me share the truth of Your love

    Through the course of my day let the words I say bring You glory and honor above

    Let Your will be done in this vessel You’ve won in where I go what I do what I say

    Pointing only to You the One who is True to a world sadly lost in their way

    For my lifespan You gave a short number of days to testify of Your grace

    If it costs me great pain may I never refrain from giving You Your rightful place

    ReplyDelete