Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lord, Show Me the Way



Lord, my name is Joe, but I am told you already know me.  I am talking to you today because I realize my need for knowing you. Through the years I have been too busy to attend worship, too busy to spend time with my family, too busy in the pursuit of things to take the time to know you and appreciate you. Right now Lord, I have reached rock bottom and have nowhere else to turn so I am turning to you. Please, God, show me the way  to you. 

My name is Mary, Lord, and I find myself in need of a huge load of your love and forgiveness. I became a Christian years ago and loved the things Christianity meant to me. Through several disappointments and hard times in my life, I turned from you, thinking I could handle all of life's problems on my own. Now I know how futile that is and I acknowledge my need for you. Please, God, show me the way to you. 

My name is Helen and I am a church going teenager, having attended church all my life. I live in a Christian home and have been taught Christian values but I have strayed from the morals and values that were best for me, and have become someone I know I should not be. Is there another chance, Lord?  Please, show me the way  to you. 

God, you know me as Ralph, and you know my problems with alcoholism. I have lost my job, my family, my possessions, and even the small amount of self-respect I had left.  I cannot think of a single person that would call me their friend. My existence seems worthless. I need your help Lord; anything you can do to help me find my way to you. 

Lord, I am Sam, a leader in the local church. I am grateful for your love for me and I continue to learn and  grow in my Christian walk. I confess to you I have difficulty in loving others as you have commanded. I know your word says if I don't love them, then I really don't love you. Lord I need your help in showing me how to be more loving and accepting of others. I want to find the fullness of your purpose for me in discovering the way to you. 

I'm not sure if you know me Lord, but the people here call me Homeless Bill. Since the war and my return to the states I have had a rough time of things. I beg for my food. I sleep under bridges. I drift from place to place.  I walk past your house, Lord, but no one notices me or speaks.  They seem to like being with you Lord and I wouldn't mind being their friend and yours. If you think there might be a chance, show me the way to you. 

Lord I am (your name goes here.)  (Your story goes here....your strengths, your weaknesses, your life success and your failure.  Tell God everything about you, especially your thoughts.)  Then pray, Lord, show me the way to you. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

<ronbwriting@yahoo.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment