Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Challenge



Time is running out for 2013.  Tomorrow will be the beginning of a brand new year.  Are you ready?  Have you given any thought to you New Year's resolutions?  You know........those promises or plans of promises to make improvement in ourselves......those promises which we traditionally break within the first month of the new year. 

This year, I am challenging myself and challenging you, to go about our resolution making a little differently.  I am suggesting we put our resolutions in writing.  They can remain personal and private unless you choose to share them with others, but we just might do a better job of keeping our resolution plans if they are written.  Perhaps if we stumble on the piece of paper later in the month or even later in the year, reading our resolutions will spur some encouragement to make them happen. 

Oh, and one more thing.  After you have written your resolutions, include the following statement, or a similar statement in your own words. "By God's grace, and with His help, I will use these positive changes in my life to become more like Jesus every day."  Then sign your name. 

You are always free to share your resolutions with someone close to you, but it isn't part of my challenge.  The help of a friend just might mean the difference between success and failure in bringing your resolutions to reality.

Here is a starting place for some resolutions from Psalm 51:
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

That last verse should be on everyone's resolution list!

Sometime before the end of New Year's Day, give this some thought and put your resolutions on paper. Love to all of you for your continued support of the blog.  Happy New Year to you and your family. 

<ronbwriting@yahoo.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment