Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Unfailing Love



Lord, hear my prayer,
    listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
    come to my relief.
Do not bring your servant into judgment,

    for no one living is righteous before you.
The enemy pursues me,
    he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in the darkness
    like those long dead.
So my spirit grows faint within me;
    my heart within me is dismayed.
I remember the days of long ago;
    I meditate on all your works
    and consider what your hands have done.
I spread out my hands to you;
    I thirst for you like a parched land.
Answer me quickly, Lord;
    my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
    or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you. 
Psalm 143:1-8

David was feeling the burdens of his life.  He sought relief from all his troubles.  He turned to God in prayer, beginning with a plea for God to hear him and listen to his cry for mercy.  We, too, in our deepest hour of realizing we cannot go it alone, cry out to God. 

Early in David's prayer he is an example for us. Yes, he complained to God about his problems, but before all that, he confessed God's faithfulness and righteousness.  He further stated that none of us  are righteous before God.  

Recognizing our dependence on God is the key here.  Not only in the times of distress, but even in the times of joy and praise, we must learn of our nothingness without the Father.  Look at all the problems of David and his plea for God to intervene.  Are any of his problems your problems?  Can you relate by remembering the times in your life when there seemed to be no answers?  Is all your life filled with negatives?

I have pointed you to David's problems and perhaps to yours.  But all this is to lead you to one verse, where David actually prays specifically for God's remedy for David and for us.  That is verse 8.  Read it again and put your trust in God.  "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,  for I have put my trust in you."

<ronbwriting@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment