Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

To God is the Glory


Our weekend study will deal with Scriptures which lead us to glorifying God.  With our history of celebrating July 4 as the birthday of our great nation, let's remember to honor and praise our Heavenly Father for his countless blessings, his love and grace, and his willingness to forgive.

Read and meditate on these verses to learn more ways we glorify God through our devotion and worship.  Our country had it's beginning with Christian principles.  Today, aware of all the negatives which are attempting to overtake our society, is a great time for us to praise and honor the Father for continuing to be with us.  Add your feelings of thanksgiving as you understand his concern for his people.

All verses for this weekend study come from the Psalms. 

34:3  "Glorify the Lord with me,  let us exalt his name together."

19:14  "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
    Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

50:23  "Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me,and to the blameless[a] I will show my salvation.”

138:2  "I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and     your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame."

119:89  "Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.”

119:160  "All your words are true;  all your righteous laws are eternal."

71:8  "My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long."

63:3-4  ” Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."

119:24  "Your statutes are my delight;  they are my counselors.”

Enjoy your holiday weekend, and spend some time thanking and glorifying God for his love and mercy. With the Psalmist, may we ever be a people thankful for God's blessings.

<ronbwriting@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment