Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

It's HIS World

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

                                                                             Isaiah 55:8-11

I was doing some translation comparisons today and stumbled on the verses above, realizing a new truth for me.  Looking at the last sentence in the verses I love the truth that the word that leaves the mouth of God will not return to him empty.  It will accomplish its intended purpose and achieve the completeness of the purpose for which God sent it. 

We can hang on to that truth after learning his thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways.  He is God.  It's HIS world. He is in control. 

In the NKJV, that last sentence reads like this: "But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."  I especially like that the word "prosper" is in there.  But then, I realize that word doesn't necessarily mean monetary prosperity.  I am thinking there is a greater meaning. 

Here is the new truth for me:  When God's word goes forth, it isn't going to return empty.  It's going to accomplish the desire of God.  Not only that, it's going to achieve even more because it is God that is sending out his word. With that biblical truth in mind, do you suppose when God's word comes our way to accomplish what he desires in us, his powerful word also achieves even more than the purpose for which it was sent? 

If we really stop and think about it, we know the answer to that question is a resounding "YES."  God always goes beyond our wildest imaginations to bless us, love us, protect us and provide for us.  It's HIS world and every day I'm trying to let him call the shots.

ronbwriting@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment