Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Holding on to Righteousness


Job was an Old Testament man of God who lost his family, his livestock, his health and all his possessions. There were those who came to him saying all this happened because of sin in his life. Their solution was for him to curse God, and die. The response of Job to their suggestion gives great encouragement for the Christian suffering through similar false accusation or difficult times in his walk with God. Job held on to the righteousness that was his before God. Read this part of Job's response to his "friendly" accusers.

Job 27:2-6
2 “As surely as God lives, who has denied me justice, the Almighty, who has made my life bitter, 3 as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, 4 my lips will not say anything wicked, and my tongue will not utter lies. 5 I will never admit you are in the right; till I die, I will not deny my integrity. 6 I will maintain my innocence and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.

Is there ever the temptation to throw in the towel when it comes to spiritual things? Many have walked away, but look at Job and be encouraged to stick with God.

Read again verses 3 and 4 above. Easy to read, hard to do. It's what pleases God.

Jesus says we are blessed when people insult us, persecute us, and say all kinds of evil against us, for him. Think of the opportunity we have to keep going, instead of quit.

Regardless of your story, God loves you and desires good things for you. His Son died for your sins as well as the sins of those who inflict hurt. It is through God's love for you and your love for the brethren that unity can prevail in spite of differences.  Remember Hebrews 2:11, "Both the one who makes men holy, and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers." 

Spend some time in self examination, and lots of time in prayer, and God will work it all out for your good and His glory.

<ronbwriting@yahoo.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment