Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

With the help of God



Psalm 33:16-22

16 No king is saved by the size of his army;
    no warrior escapes by his great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
    despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18 But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him,
    on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death
    and keep them alive in famine.
20 We wait in hope for the Lord;
    he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
    even as we put our hope in you.

Ok, I confess.  Sometimes it's me thinking my problem is too big for God to handle. I know from talking to people I have great company with this feeling.  We come up against an obstacle in life, maybe unlike anything we have faced before, and we choose to  handle it ourselves, and we fail. Here is the main lesson for us to learn today. Just because you do not know the solution to your problem doesn't mean there is no solution.  That's true with algebra problems an life problems. 

Not long ago I found one of those seemingly impossible puzzles, the kind where you separate two pieces of wire that you think are so intertwined they can't be taken apart. I remembered the solution to the puzzle but thought I would have some fun with it, so I handed it to a friend and asked him to see if he could get the two pieces apart. He tried everything for a few minutes and finally decided the only solution was a pair of wire cutters.  I took the puzzle from him, and showed him how easy the puzzle could be solved. It was easy for me because I remembered the solution and had worked it many times. 

Putting this story in a spiritual perspective, God has been working out problems for men since time began. The very thing that seems impossible or even complex for us, is easy for God. He has lots of experience in providing solutions. That is why the Psalmist says, "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield."

God is willing and able to work in you and through you to handle ALL of life's puzzles. He always brings the solution that is right for you, and the solution that brings him all praise and glory. 

<ronbwriting@yahoo.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment