Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

You shall seek Me





The children of Israel are in bondage in Babylon. This verse is part of God's declaration to bring his people out of bondage. Their previous unfaithfulness has brought about changes in their lives as they have lived under kings that did not have their best interest.  God's man, Jeremiah, is announcing the heavenly plans to bring God's people home. Here is a larger section detailing their return to Jerusalem: 

10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.  I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”  Jeremiah 29:10-14

So God has plans for them.  Those plans are centered around the words like "prosperity" and "hope for the future."  No doubt, these people are more than ready to come home and the ideas of prosperity and hope are refreshing.  But here is the key.  "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

When we find ourselves drifting away or even being satisfied with a backslidden condition, God desires your full and complete restoration.  Remember the key, and know we can seek him and find him when we seek him with all our hearts.

ronbwriting@gmail.com











No comments:

Post a Comment