Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Another Chance

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,  for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness
                                                                            Lamentations 3:22-23

This morning as soon as I was awake, I was thinking this will be a better day than yesterday.  I had good intentions the day before, but interruptions, changed plans, and a couple of unexpected phone calls, and yesterday's list of things I had to get done, didn't get done.  Maybe that's happened to you, too.  When it does happen, the tasks of today are done hurriedly so maybe you can get some things done from yesterday's list.

Sound familiar?  I suppose we all have those days when, no matter how hard we try, we get further behind in our intentions.  And when we do things in a fast-paced way, we often make a mess of the things we wanted to do perfectly. 

The verses above let us know a lot about God's love.  It's because God loves us that we are not totally defeated.  Or perhaps the word "consumed" is the better word.  I find myself in line with those who are always happy to know God's compassion never fails. Without God's mercy all of our mistakes and blunders would be amplified beyond our ability to cope.  That's why I claim these verses specifically for me, and for all those who praise God in knowing his mercies (compassions) are new every morning. 

God loves us and extends his mercies as a new gift every morning.  That let's me know yesterdays failures bring me another chance for a "do-over." Our God is a God of second chances.  That lets me try again today to be all God wants me to be and do all he wants me to do.

ronbwriting@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment