Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Sweetness

Psalm 119:97-104

97 Oh, how I love your law!    I meditate on it all day long.
98 Your commands are always with me
    and make me wiser than my enemies.
99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
    for I meditate on your statutes.
100 I have more understanding than the elders,
    for I obey your precepts.
101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
    so that I might obey your word.
102 I have not departed from your laws,
    for you yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
    sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 I gain understanding from your precepts;
    therefore I hate every wrong path.

What goes through your mind when you are thinking of God's law, or perhaps we should ask, God's way as compared to your own way?  We like to think we are capable of making decisions for ourselves and often display the pride that accompanies our right choices.

For me, decision making is always better when I pause to consider the magnitude of God's will.  He is the great Creator and in making us, is the one we should lean on for our direction and guidance.   The section of scripture above describes one who is proclaiming his love for God's law.

Notice:  He meditates on it.  God's commands are with him constantly, making him wiser than his enemies. He gains more insight than his teachers as he meditates on God's statutes.   Take a moment and finish personalizing these verses in your mind and heart and you will see how important it is for you to consider God's way above your way.

The message from these verses rings loud and clear for every seeker like you and me.  And we will never succeed in our search for the right way until we learn the sweetness of God's word.  It is only through the understanding of God's precepts and his desire for us to make correct choices that we make his way our way. 

ronbwriting@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 119 is one of my favorite passages. I appreciate you pointing out the importance of us preparing ourselves to make wise decisions by meditating and internalizing God's thought process. It's a lifelong process and you encourage me to keep going. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete