Pages

Friday, August 26, 2016

Time to Elect

Are you enjoying all the political advertising?  Have you taken sides, deciding the candidate you will support?  Now the real question.....Do you think we have narrowed down the list of candidates, leaving only the best to be on the ballot? 

We are just over a couple of months away from selecting a new leader for our country.  I am relatively sure I have my mind made up as to the candidate that will get my vote.....but even that is subject to change.  I have some doubts, not only with the candidates I have ruled out, but also with the ones I am considering to select.

I've listened to lots of speeches, trying to see if I can read sincerity in the words they say.  I have considered the "pros" and "cons" several times and often wonder if I am going to be voting for the lesser of two evils, or am I really possessing convictions of the best person for the job being selected by our country's voters?

If you are like me, you find yourself being torn as a speech is given, only to be challenged by the accusation of the speech being made up of falsehood.  I have written some of my feelings about the election and admit my struggles about wanting to vote for the candidate that will be best for our country's citizens and which will honor God in the decisions they make when in office.

I just know our country is full of anxiety and worry about this election.  I further know I do not have all the answers and I will probably still be praying right up to election day, that I can make the right decision.

Matthew 6 tells me not to worry.  God takes care of the sparrows and he can take care of me.  When I learn to accept that truth, I am open to accept the fact that our God is not controlled by human politics.  Regardless of who is in control of Washington, God is still in control of his creation.  For the Christian, that's the assurance we need.

ronbwriting@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment