Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

God Delivers

Wait.......I know the Scripture in Matthew 6 that tells me not to worry, but there are some things I worry about.  Perhaps I need to be placing more and more confidence in God's promises. 

That next line is one which I can start with.  If God is never blind to my tears, I find confidence in knowing he cares about me.  Just in those first two lines from above, my personal need for more dependence on God, is already being answered. 

Then I see the picture above lets me know God is never deaf to my prayers.  How comforting is that?  I suppose that line is one in which I could more relate than the first two.  I know he hears and answers prayer.  It's been evident personally, and also in the lives of so many of my Christian family.

Then there is the line that says he is never silent to my pain.  Thinking about that one a bit, poses the question for me about God's silence versus some kind of sound. Then I think of me, my sin, and the painful consequences.  Then I think not only of my pain, but the pain and agony of my Lord as he paid my sin-debt on the cross.  His torture, his sacrifice, his blood, were not coupled with silence.  And I can imagine his care and concern for me, in my pain, he isn't silent either. 

When it comes to God who cares for his people, we face the truth of the last lines from the picture, He sees, He hears, and yes, He will deliver. 

<ronbwriting@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment