Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

God knows me


Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

These are the ending thoughts from the final verses of Psalm 139.  Before you read any of the rest of this familiar psalm, are you ready to be searched by God, are you ready for God to know your heart, are you willing to let God search you, looking for offensive ways inside you, and finally, are you content with God leading you in the way everlasting?

Those are some deep thoughts for us to ponder.  It calls for each of us to completely come clean before God and hold nothing back.  Nothing hidden or secret.  It's you and God and this psalm uses word pictures to allow you to lean how well God already knows you.   Consider these earlier verses in the psalm and see yourself, personally in the descriptions.  Space permits us to look at a few of these, but if you want the whole picture, start in verse 1 of Psalm 139, and learn how well God knows YOU!

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,”

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day,  for darkness is as light to you.

15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place

As we said, if you want the complete picture, go real all the verses of the psalm.  I've listed these as examples of how well God knows you.  But back to our original question,  "Are you ready to be searched by God?"  Read again the verses at the top of the page.  God knows you, and desires to lead you in the way everlasting.

<ronbwriting@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment