Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Spending a little time with God...


Have you ever considered spending time with God?  From things we can read in the Bible, God seems to be more interested in spending time with his children, than anything else. In Genesis 17, there is an example of God desiring to establish relationship with Abram, and ultimately changing his name to Abraham.  Scripture continues to inform us Abraham was then known as the father of many nations.

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless.  Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”  Genesis 17:1-2

This weekend, I want to invite you to get serious about spending time with God.  I suggest you vow to do that for just one day, no matter how busy you may be, but during your regular schedule, meditate on your relationship with God.  Yes, you can wash the car, see a movie, bar-b-que in the back yard, take your nap, or go on a family outing.  Anything and everything you do, I am asking you to give this a try, include God.

If that seems too farfetched for you, try it like this.   Look upon every day as a good day to be in relationship with the Heavenly Father. Perhaps your prayer one morning will sounds something like this:

"Lord, fill my day with an awareness of your presence. Allow me to behold your perfection.  I am not perfect but I long to be right with you, even in my worries, my pains, my problems and my fears. I need your love and your forgiveness. Help me to make each step today, realizing you are walking with me. Thank you for loving me and for allowing me to share your love with others.  Amen.

If you have followed directions so far, you are off to a great start.  There is enough power is learning about God's dealings with Abraham, and how God longs for us to walk before him, faithfully and blameless.  Including God in your weekend, allowing him to be a part of your thoughts and your activities will put you on the path of learning to walk with him.

The result of all of this will make for a better YOU.  Then you will be growing to understand God's presence is with you every day.  Yes, you will still face heartache, sickness is a possibility, anxiety will probably try to occupy your time, temptations will still be present.  But now, you have the power of heaven itself to be you helper, your guide, and your motivation.

It will amaze you to see how much God is doing to bring you into that relationship.  Count on his blessings, his grace, and his love.  He gave up his Son to pay the ransom for us all. 

Will you accept the challenge of inviting him to walk with you this weekend?  Let me hear from you and celebrate the results with you, when you spend a little time with Him.

<ronbwriting@gmail.com>  

No comments:

Post a Comment