Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Listening to God


I borrowed this graphic from a post on facebook.  Read for yourself to see the difference between listening to God and listening to Satan.



Did you make the comparison in each of the words?   Which one speaks the louder to your life's experience?  Do you see any words from the left side which are a struggle for you?

I must admit, sometimes those words on the right side are words which seem more descriptive of my experiences.  I know I let worry control me in some situations.  I think and speak discouragement when things don't go my way.  And yes, I have been condemning of others when I see the speck in their eye, while I have a wooden beam in mine.  I even get hurried and anxious when God calls for me to be calming and still. The more I look at that list on the right, the more acquainted I seem to be with every one of them. 

Maybe I am not the only one with these struggles.  Maybe......just maybe.....you can join me in recognizing weaknesses which could be well on the way to the right solution if we pay closer attention to listening to God.

Jesus tells us in John 10:27, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."  May God help us all to be better listeners when He speaks to us.

ronbwriting@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment